At least 31 people are now known to have been killed and more than 600 others injured in a series of explosions at a military camp in Equatorial Guinea on Sunday.

State media said three young children had been rescued from the rubble of buildings which were flattened after the explosions.

President Teodoro Obang Nguema has blamed the blasts in the city of Bata on stubble burning by farmers and negligence in the storage of explosives.

The health ministry in the Central African country said hospitals had been overwhelmed.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here