Egyptian giants Zamalek will be handed a transfer ban at the end of March unless the Cairo club pays its former player Benjamin Acheampong over $1m as instructed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) in December. Fifa’s Disciplinary Committee, which sat to discuss the issue last week, advised the relevant parties of its findings on Monday. Three months ago, Cas ruled that the five-time African champions must pay the 30-year-old around $1.1m after finding that the player had been forced into breaking his contract by the club’s actions. Cas found the Ghanaian had ‘no other option but to terminate’ his Zamalek contract, citing – among other reasons – his lack of proper payment, his exclusion from training and from the squad for his second season at the club. “Zamalek Sports Club is granted a final deadline of 30 days as from notification of the present decision in which to settle said amount,” Fifa’s Disciplinary Department wrote to the concerned parties on 1 March. The footballer ‘duped’ out of $1m … twice “Upon expiry of the aforementioned final deadline and in the event of persistent default or failure to comply in full with the decision within the period stipulated, a transfer ban will be pronounced until the complete amount due is paid.” Meanwhile Acheampong, who has been fighting for his money since cancelling his contract in June 2018, has described his joy at the decision by Fifa, which had initially ruled against him in August 2019. “I feel great – great that the decision went in my favour for a second time,” he told Sport Africa. “I feel vindicated. At the end of the day, the truth speaks. “Now the decision is in my favour, I am desperate that Zamalek follow the instructions and pay the money as soon as possible. I am very, very happy.”